Monday, November 20, 2017

Game of Thrones


This past weekend I finished re-watching the series Game of Thrones.  I started re-watching the series because my girlfriend finally started watching during season seven and was seriously confused with what was going on.  We started the series together again in the beginning of September and now she is caught up and excited for season eight to arrive.  Game of Thrones is by far the best television show I have ever watched.  The reasons I say this is because there is literally something for everyone whether you like action, drama, romance, history, science fiction, or anything else this show has it all.  The best part of the show is just how detailed and important every episode is to the series.  There are small clues and hints given through out the whole series that you don't even remotely notice are important until you are up to date on the show.  The show has white walkers, which are basically zombies, dragons, historical aspect such as the use of Greek fire, and tons of drama.  I highly recommend the show to anyone who loves good television.



Vocabulary:
Throne- a ceremonial chair for a sovereign, bishop, or similar figure. 
Romanceis the expressive and pleasurable feeling from an emotional attraction towards another person. This feeling is associated with, but does not necessitate sexual attraction. 
Science Fictionis a genre of speculative fiction, typically dealing with imaginative concepts such as futuristic science and technology, spaceflight, time travel, faster than light travel, parallel universes, and extraterrestrial life.

Drama- a composition in verse or prose intended to portray life or character or to tell a story usually involving conflicts and emotions through action and dialogue and typically designed for theatrical performance.
Action- the fact or process of doing something, typically to achieve an aim.
History- the study of past events, particularly in human affairs
Zombie- a corpse said to be revived by witchcraft, especially in certain African and Caribbean religions.


Vocabulary Exercise:
http://puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com/code/BuildCrissCross.asp

Grammar Point:
The personal pronouns in English include:
I/me/my
You/your
We/our
He/him/his
She/her
It/its
They/them/their

Grammar Exercise:
Which personal pronouns do you see in my paragraph? Write three sentences using some of the personal pronouns you found in my blog.

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen Game of Thrones before but by the description that you gave I will probably start watching it. I also think that you picked great vocabulary words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice entry! I am fan of GoT. I caught up after the third season. The acting is extraordinary. I don't care for some of the sadistic and lurid parts, but I think the show as a whole is a remarkable achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. Be careful to simplify the vocab definitions.

    ReplyDelete