Monday, September 11, 2017

Fantasy Football 2017

This past Thursday, September 7th, 2017 started the long awaited 2017 NFL season and with the regular season starting so does fantasy football.  Fantasy football is when you become the manager of a team in a league with your friends usually containing anywhere from eight to fourteen teams.  My league contains ten teams all managed by my closest friends and our league name is "The League of Dreams." Fantasy football is a fun and competitive way to stay in constant contact with your friends all while talking about your favorite football players or teams.  The league has a fifteen round draft where you select your fifteen man roster, that become the manager of. My team name is the Disney All-Stars because my first year in the league I was down in Disney doing a college internship at the All- Star resorts, so my friends created my team name for me.  My current record over the past four NFL Fantasy seasons is 40-12, winning the regular season all four years, coming in second place twice, and winning the championship trophy twice.  After finishing in second place last year the Disney All-Stars are coming out to show everyone who the best fantasy football player in the league is.  Currently in the midst of week 1 of the fantasy football season, the Disney All-Stars are looking like they will get the first win of the season.  It all comes down to a Monday Night Football showdown, the MNF games start at 7:25pm, so hopefully win number one of the season is right around the corner.

Vocabulary:
Fantasythe faculty or activity of imagining things, especially things that are impossible or improbable
Managera person responsible for controlling or administering all or part of a company or similar organization
Competitiverelating to or characterized by competition
Constantoccurring continuously over a period of time
Draftselect (a person or group of people) for a certain purpose
Recordthe sum of the past achievements or actions of a person or organization; a person or thing's previous conduct or performance
Midst- in the middle of

*NFL- National Football League
*MNF- Monday Night Football

Vocabulary Exercise:
Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary word.

  1. It is hard not to be ______________ when you play fantasy football.
  2. The ______________ of the Disney All-stars is myself.
  3. In the _____________ of a test i caught a student cheating off of a fellow classmate.
  4. The ___________ is when you select players for your roster.
  5. There are ______________ injuries in the NFL so you have to always check to see if your team is healthy.
  6. My student wrote a ______________ story about how he played for the New York Giants
Grammar Point:
The personal pronouns in English include:
I/me/my
You/your
We/our
He/him/his
She/her
It/its
They/them/their

Grammar Exercise:

Which personal pronouns do you see in my paragraph? Write three sentences using some of the personal pronouns you found in my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Fine first entry! I didn't know anything about fantasy football, so now I know more about it. Thanks.
    You have good vocabulary and grammar sections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dr. Nenchin, I had no prior knowledge about fantasy football. I think that you did a great job describing it. I was able to visualize it. I like your grammar activity where students will need to think and use prior knowledge about personal pronouns to identify them in your paragraph. Great work :)

    ReplyDelete